Thursday, September 19, 2013

Appreciate the little things.

Yesterday, Arlene and I made an unplanned visit to Grammie Connie and we were lucky enough to have gone at the perfect time! A nice man from Augusta was there singing Karaoke to the residents! As much as the little one loves music, we still are surprised at her dancing and 'singing' talents! 









This morning, as I returned from the grocery store and tied on my apron to prepare for the busy task of baking multiple desserts for a family gathering tonight at the local lobster coop. I noticed in the reflection of the ceiling lights on the floor that little Arlene as some point had some wet little hands while crawling across the floor.


 Its moments like this that I stop and thank my God for blessing me with children and the simple fact that I even have little fingerprints to clean at all. A dear friend of mine has a child very ill and every night as I hold the girls before bed I think about how hard these days must be on her. It crushes me to even think about losing any of our girls. Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us, we must remember that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment